Lessons are easy to use, with clear, concise teaching steps focused on the essential concepts and skills that will enable students to develop, practice and support specific healthy behaviors. Activities are developmentally appropriate, challenge students in a variety of ways, and accommodate a range of learning styles. Schools can teach the comprehensive program or select only the grades and/or subjects they need.
The HealthSmart curriculum is available for K-5, Middle School, and High School. Choose a grade span to learn more about what's included.
- Meets the National Health Education Standards.
- Focuses on the primary areas of risk for children and adolescents identified and monitored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Reflects the characteristics of an effective health education curriculum defined by the CDC.
- Incorporates key knowledge and skill expectations detailed in the CDC's Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT) for each grade level.
- Supports social and emotional learning (SEL).
The HealthSmart 3-Part Background Series
The HealthSmart Approach
Whether you're reviewing curricula for adoption or opening your HealthSmart materials for the first time, these overviews will show you how the program works.
Looking for a quick
Here's a 90-second introductory video about this evidence-informed, skills-based health education program.
Need a more in-depth
This 14-minute video provides an orientation to the many features of the program and how it promotes healthy behaviors.
Learn More About: